Sunday, February 6, 2011

Extending the Crew

Longboarding has finally become cool in our area, and man it took a while. Scooter riders are converting to Z-flexs or Globe longboards. A couple of them are even getting Evos and downhilling.
A bunch of people who would never have got on a skateboard in their dreams have started longboarding, mostly on Originals. I've seen a lot of people in Noosa on Apex 37s and Tan Tiens.
a couple of my friends at school have started longboarding and I have become their mentor. Once they get good they will start longboarding in out videos, so there will bw a way larger SSL crews soon.
Today my friend and soon-to-be SSL team rider Khan Gleeson had and awesome sesh on his OS Pintail 37 and my Apex 37 on some downhill runs in town at around 45kph. Khan is a beginner at longboarding but he's learning quick. He has the best footbrake I have ever seen and a really nice tuck, I've been improving my downhilling too so look forward to it in our next video.

-Finley Wegener

No comments:

Post a Comment