Monday, January 31, 2011

The Making if Hybrid 35 Freestyle

Hybrid 35 Freestyle really was our most complex video yet, so I thought I would do a post on the making of it. We filmed a bit before my trip to New Caledonia, and when I got back I started editing what we had. I started on the intro, which took me around five hours to animate. Filming was set back thanks to the record-breaking rain that was hitting Queensland for near three months, but we git a few little sessions in. During the filming of this video we found a new really nice skate spot (which is first seen at 1:04), the location of this spot is Surf Skate Longboard only information. It is really smooth and it's just one long straight run, you can only find it if you search really hard. Trees and bushes hide it, we were lucky to stumble upon it on our way to another spot. Another reason this video took so long was we just kept learning tricks, slides and I was extending my manuals. We had to keep filming just to capture things I had learnt since the last filming session.
This video was our first full-length video in HD, thanks to me figuring out how to open HD files in our editing software.
A new filming system was invented too, from now on we will have someone doing a wide shot whilst someone else is doing a follow shot of the rider.

Overall, I am really happy with how the video turned out. It has broken 100 views in less thab a day so we can predict it is going to be big.
Thanks for reading the making of our video.
_Finley Wegener                          If you haven't seen the video yet, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment